Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Atheism Video



This is part one of three. I might put up the other two parts later, but I have not watched them yet.

To be frank here, I disagree Kirk. I really do.

If God is your reason or excuse to do good things in the world, then by all means, believe in God. But do not try and tell anyone else that they are wrong. I do not feel the need to believe in something "bigger than my self," so why try and make me?

Is it really so hard to believe that the universe was never created and it will never end? Why does it even matter if there is a "creator" at all?

I honestly do not see the point in killing someone else because of your/their faith. I also do not see the point in following yet another set of rules. If you step out of line, you're going to hell.

Why not live our lives for what they are, not for a creator. If I were God, I would be pissed off at my "children". Certainly there are a lot of christians doing good in the world. But it seems to me there are a lot more wasting their lives waiting for heaven and trying to please an absent entity by attempting to force others to believe. Don't you think God, if s/he exists, wants us to look out for eachother and have fun?

Pray if it gives you strength. Believe if you feel the need to. But do not try and make me believe in God with bullshit reasons about a banana fits in my hand or a car has a maker therefore I must as well.

My personal view is everything that glorifies 'God' and the afterworld slanders humanity and the real world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice. this video made it!
yes i completely hate the people that made this video. im with you, im totally all for people believing in god or jesus or whatever else. theres so many religions out there, i dont care what people believe in. but if you have a certain religion, you should never hurt someone because of differences or force someone to believe yours. its completely personal choice, and i really wish it actually was this way for everyone, that everyone actually made an informed, educated choice with their religion.