Monday, March 30, 2009

I Want To Live!

Lately I've been feeling trapped by my obligations and responsibilities. I feel like I'm somehow missing out on life. I'm sure everyone feels this way at some point in their lives, which is pretty sad if you stop and think about it.

We are "progressing" as a species by creating technology that supposed to make our lives easier, but is disconnecting us from each other. I sit at my computer on the internet and feel connected to the entire world...any information is at my fingertips. But at the same time I sit here alone and every minute that I'm here I could be somewhere else actually "doing" something.

Anyways, I want to experience life! I want to paint something unique, write songs that everyone sings along to, and travel the world. I want to meditate every day. I want to read every book on every rooftop in every city. I want to experience new things with old friends. I want to sit on the highest mountain and watch the most beautiful sunset. I want to learn every language. I want to completely live my ideals. I want to stop reading about everyone else's adventures and start having everyone read about mine.

"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh."

There are two things that scare me about this: 1. that I will never actually experience everything that I want to and 2. that even if I do, it will never live up to the image that I have created in my mind.

Every single moment is real, and is what it is supposed to be. I guess I need to be more mindful of what my life actually consists of instead of always wishing that I was doing something else.

1 comment:

schmegan! said...

ditto. and i think i've established that it is a real fucking word haha.